Every day millions of people across North America suffer with hunger. Now with the Covid-19 crisis, millions more people are suddenly finding themselves without a paycheck and are looking to the food banks to provide meals for them and their families. When we were writing Mom and Her Super Heroes, we were struggling with how we could help others with this book as this book is a FREE download.
If you and your children like Mom and Her Super Heroes and you are in the financial position to be able to contribute, please go to our either our
Food Banks Canada fundraising page or our Feeding America fundraising page and make a donation.
Food Banks Canada
Food Banks Canada provides national leadership to relieve hunger today and prevent hunger tomorrow in collaboration with the food bank network in Canada. We are a national charitable organization dedicated to helping Canadians living with food insecurity. We support a unique network of provincial associations, affiliate food banks, and food agencies that work at the community level to relieve hunger. Our work focuses on maximizing collective impact, strengthening local capacity, and reducing the need for food banks in order to help create a Canada where no one goes hungry.
Your support is needed now more than ever. Food banks from coast to coast to coast are already feeling dramatic the dramatic effects of Covid-19 in their communities. As a result, we have launched a $150 mil national campaign to help ensure food banks across our country can continue to do their critical work and support those most vulnerable. 100% of funds raised will be distributed to food banks from coast to coast to coast. We are calling on all Canadians to support this campaign so that we can source, package and deliver the essential food items our community members so desperately need from coast to coast to coast. You can help to make sure that food banks are there for our neighbours now and when the pandemic is over. You can learn more about Food Banks Canada by visiting www.foodbankscanada.ca
From Seattle to New Rochelle, from Baton Rouge to San Francisco, food banks across the United States are doing what they do best – feeding people in need within their communities. The Feeding America network is the largest hunger-relief organization in the United States including in disasters and national emergencies.
The most vulnerable people in our communities need us now more than ever. Here's how Feeding America is responding to the challenge:
- Launched the COVID-19 Response Fund, a national food- and fund-raising effort to support people facing hunger and the food banks who help them
- Working with government leaders to ensure the emergency response includes strong support and flexibility for federal nutrition programs including the School Lunch Program
- Partnering with school districts and local government agencies to ensure that the 22 million children who rely on school meals have access to food outside of the classroom
- Building an inventory of emergency food boxes to distribute to food banks across the country as the need for food assistance increases
- Providing emergency grants to food banks to support local response efforts
- Safely continuing our distribution of food and non-food and household items like cleaning supplies, diapers and personal care products
In this time of uncertainty, Feeding America along with its network of local leaders works to ensure that this pandemic does not perpetuate inequity or deepen the burdens often borne disproportionately by communities of color and low-income people. We are agile and adaptive, supporting the growing needs of the communities we serve.
Feeding America dedicates resources, platforms, and political will to make the biggest impact on people with the greatest need. This moment is an opportunity to illuminate how we are all affected when some of us lack the protections of a safety net. By focusing on the needs of people most impacted, we can better ensure the health and safety of all communities.
To learn more about the response in your community and how you can help, find your local food bank.